Saturday, June 16, 2012

Kellan Turns Two!!

Kellan had his 2nd birthday yesterday! I can't believe he is already two (and we've been in California for almost two years)! We woke up yesterday to Koben singing happy birthday to him in his room. How sweet is that? Avery and I just layed in bed laughing and smiling at eachother. That is the best feeling I tell ya. We celebrated by having a low-key family day and playing at the park. Then after dinner we enjoyed some birthday cupcakes. Kellan loved us singing to him and sang along too. It was sooo cute.

Even though Kellan is two, he acts more like a three year old! He says full sentences now, and has been for a couple months. He just talks so much, its really amazing. Even people with kids the same age tell me they can't believe how much he talks. He also throws some crazy fits haha. He and Koben are like night and day at this age. It just goes to show you how every child is different. He is constantly chatting, getting into something, climbing something, yelling about something (which on the advice of others and the pediatrician we are REALLY trying to ignore the screaming) and just overall very busy. I am not gonna lie, some days are very challenging. But of course he is so sweet and smart, and just a smiley little joy to be with. It's a learning process for us all, but one I would not give up for the world.

This active little guy loves to ride his trike. He has been riding his trike on his own for a while now, which really amazed us. He steers perfectly and cruizes all over the backyard on his own. He loves to climb the play structures at the park (which give my anxiety ridden butt a run for my money, and I'm right behind him), even the big ones. I usually don't take both the boys to the park myself unless it's enclosed because he is never in one spot for long. Some other things he loves besides parks and his trike? Playing in water, brushing his teeth, dancing, smoothies, hummus, reading books, playing with his brother (and copying every thing he does), being outside, climbing in his carseat and fastening it, listening to and watching the Fresh Beat Band, giving the best kisses, rocking before bedtime, playing with Koben's train tracks, playing dress up, wearing Koben's shoes around the house, sitting on the potty and sleeping with his babydoll.

Everyday it seems he is learning something new. It has been so fun watching him grow and seeing him look up to Koben. These last two years really flew by. The days are so much busier and I have to remind myself to really be in the moment because these boys are growing so fast. He has added even more joy to our family and I am thankful everyday that god sent us another healthy baby boy. Kellan is such a sweet kid, a little spitfire, hillarious and his little dimple and smile just melt my heart. I am so proud of my big two year old. Happy birthday Kellan! Mommy, Daddy and Koben love you so much!!










1 comment:

Joe and Gina said...

Happy Birthday Koben & Kellan! Time is just flying by. They are such handsome little guys, so wish we lived closer! Love & miss you tons! Soph, you look amazing!