Monday, February 6, 2012

Buster

We recently got to take home Koben's preschool guinee pig "Buster" for the weekend. Koben was sooo excited and had been asking since school started if we could bring him home. He loves Buster so much that when Avery and Koben had to do a special presentation together at school on a Saturday, he picked guinee pigs as his subject. Koben did really great with him. He fed him, played with him, checked on him..and tried to give him stickers and raisins haha. On saturday morning Koben woke up and first thing he said was, "Mom, how did Buster do?" Such a sweetie. He slept in his room the last night on top of his dresser. I was a little worried at first because he kept saying, "But why can't I take Buster out of his cage in my room?" He didn't though, and they fell asleep peacefully.

He was fairly easy to take care of, although I did not especially enjoy cleaning his cage. I was surprised to find out that guinee pigs are acually pretty smart and he was very loving. It was nice to see how Koben would do with a pet. The boys loved to hold and feed him. We are even thinking of getting him one for his fourth birthday...or a fish. That might be better :)

We had to write in the school journal and this is what Koben wanted me to write; "I love Buster. I liked feeding him. He really likes red peppers. He slept in my room."

 Taking Buster home









 Feeding him



Koben and his buddy (thats Buster's "lovey")

No comments: